Friday, February 10, 2012

Picking colors for quilts

For a long time I have really loved putting together quilts and time after time people have told me they really like the colors I choose.
I have thought alot about how I decide on a quilt color scheme (CS for short).  Sometimes it's easy, the colors all coming from one side of the color wheel as in the one above. It has very pale  yellow, through rust, to lots of browns to an almost black/brown.  I just went to my fabric stash and started with brown and then added lights and darks.
Another good way to pick out a CS is to use complimentary color from the color wheel, i.e. colors across from each other. This one uses red/green and really has pops of  color.

Next time: Using a monochrome scheme and color from one fabric print.

See my WebSite http://www.reeskesworld.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment